Thursday, February 10, 2011

Entering a new world...

So as of the writing of this post right here, I've been cycling for roughly one year.  Only about 6 months of that have I spent any measurable amount of time trying to learn the ins and outs of what cycling in a city such as Milwaukee is really all about.  

I guess I got into the who thing for a couple of different reasons.  One is I thought it was cool, I like the idea of traveling through the city released from the constraints imposed upon us by our vehicles. I get a real sense of freedom when I'm out there on my bike as opposed to stuck in my car waiting for traffic, lights, pedestrians, etc.  The second reason was my own health.  Up to this point I've been a pack a day smoker, and I'm admittedly overweight.  My thought was if I'm going to exercise it may as well be something I enjoy. As stated above, I enjoy cycling quite a bit.

I suppose my aim for this blog is a means to track my progression towards being a healthier individual as well as my progression towards being less of an admitted newb in the world of cycling.  I hope that anyone that reads this finds it interesting or perhaps inspiring as getting out there and riding a bike regardless of what they know in terms of jargon and what is "right and wrong" in the world of cycling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment